4 February 2014

VAPOUR SOFT FOCUS AND ILIA LIPSTICK REVIEW

I've changed my skincare and makeup products quite a bit since late last year and by now the majority of the products I use are natural and organic products. By no means I intend to never use any beauty products with chemicals in it but it's nice to know what I put on my face are less harmful and safer especially that I have comparatively sensitive skin. 

Compared to organic skincare, organic makeup sounds rather doubtful to me. Will organic makeup actually do the job? Despite of all the question marks I have in my mind, I decided to give it a go and purchased three products to try. Here are the reviews after I've been using them for almost a month. 

Possibly the longest product name in my collection. There are two shades: s902 is a silver shade which perfects fair to medium skin with neutral or pink undertones and balances redness on the face; s903 is a golden shade which perfects medium tan skin with yellow/olive undertones and dark skin. As you can see from the above picture, I got the golden shade. 

What does VAPOUR ORGANIC BEAUTY say about the product:
"Stratus Soft Focus Instant Skin Perfector makes an immediate improvement in skin's appearance. It's a 3-in-1 moisturizer, primer & no colour foundation. Its light reflective technology gives instant anti-aging effect. It immediately brightens complexion & even skin tone and decreases the look of uneven pigmentation, scarring & pock marks. It has a soft satin finish and balances all skin types including sensitive &/or oily skin
Overall it sounds like a perfect no makeup makeup base to me. However, when I first saw the product on my hand, I was sceptical. It is more shimmery than I thought and I could already picture my face shine like a diamond. So how did it turn out in the end? I'll let the pictures speak and show you the before and after looks. 
Before: face after moisturizer (I use Philosophy Hope In A Jar for dry skin)
After: face with Vapour Stratus Soft Focus Skin Perfector using only half pump
All I can say is I am thrilled by the result. For me it blurs all the imperfections on my skin. I do not want to use the word "hide" as the product is so light and it does not feel like covering things up at all. It looks like I am born with beautiful skin and I do find the skin looks instantly younger and brighter. One more thing to mention is I feel it has a soothing effect on my skin and it feels more like a facial treatment than makeup. 

There are in total 11 shades to choose from fairest skin that always burns in the sun to dark skin with cool blue black undertone. I find the shade chart is very helpful for me to decide the shade and I got #125 for medium skin with yellow/olive undertone. Same as the skin perfector, when I saw the product on my hand the first time I did not think it would work for me. It's way darker than I thought it would be. However, when I blended the product to my skin using fingertips, it felt like the foundation adapting to my skin tone and it became a perfect match in the end. It's a very natural satin finish and I do not have to wait for the foundation to set. It does not oxidize throughout the day and I do not need touch-up if I just spend the day in the office. However, my T-zone does get oily if I am out in the sun and sweat. Regardless this foundation has a good staying power on my skin (I do wear it with the skin perfector) and I wear it about 10 hours every day. 
After: face with Vapour Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation with one pump
I love how natural it shows on the skin but adds the desirable warmth and glow. 

What does VAPOUR ORGANIC BEAUTY say about the product: 
"Atmosphere Soft Focus instantly smooths the skin's texture. The light reflective technology gives instant ant-aging effect that brightens, evens skin tone & enhances the skin's natural glow. Fine lines, wrinkles & pores are hidden. It contains super anti-oxidants and offers buildable medium to full coverage. It has a soft satin finish and balances all skin types, including sensitive &/or oily skin." 
One last thing to add to these two Vapour Organic Beauty products is they both give incredible velvety touch to the skin. They are more like super skin booster than makeup.  

ILIA Lipstick In My Room
I've been keen to try ILIA lipsticks. First of all, I love the packaging. It's simple yet sophisticated. The shade In My Room is a nude pink and a lovely everyday colour for every skin tone. The product has a creamy texture and offers good coverage on the lip. It's very comfortable to wear, does not dry my lips or sink to any dry patches . The scent reminds me of a candy I had when I was a kid, a combination of milk and peanut. It's not a long lasting lipstick, which does not bother me at all. I can see this lipstick becoming my top one choice for any business occasions. 
After: Lips wearing ILIA In My Room

It's a very long post, I know. But I really enjoyed writing this one and I hope you also enjoy reading it and find it helpful. I've seen better skin condition since I used these organic makeup products. It might be also because of my current organic skincare stash but let's save that for another day. 

Have you tried any organic makeup yet? What are your favourites and do you want to try anything in this post? 

1 comment :

  1. Great post and review! You look fabulous! And I'm glad to hear you like these products, cause they really are very good. Best, Dasha

    ReplyDelete