6 February 2014

CURRENT NIGHT TIME SKIN CARE ROUTINE


I find putting together a skin-care routine is rather tricky. It's not difficult to find a particular product that I like and enjoy using but building a routine is like building a team, easier said than done . However, having had no blemishes or pimples for two months and having been in love with how my skin feels and looks every day recently made me think it's time to share. 

First thing first, remove all make-up and cleanse the skin.
Bioderma is the gentlest face makeup remover I've found and I've been using it for years without any problems. However, it's only most effective for face makeup and I turn to Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover to remove my eye makeup especially for those waterproof mascaras. Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes, and Lips is also a favourite of mine for removing eye makeup but I like the Clarins' one slightly more for its beautiful scent and its non-greasy feel and ultra gentle on the lids. As you probably have guessed, Monu is my number one facial cleanser at the moment and it leaves my skin feel squeaky clean and soft. 

Facial skin care
I was so sceptical when I bought my first bottle of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (aren't we all?) and I did not get the WOW moment straight away. But in a few weeks I was convinced this stuff did work and I am now close to finish my second bottle (very sad...). It's very light weight but it does not leave your skin feel dry. It helps restore the oil water balance in my skin, clear up some blackheads on my nose, brighten my complexion and overall makes my skin feel younger. After applying the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, I use Antipodes Apostle Skin-brightening & Tone Correcting Serum to further improve my skin tone and the product's texture is just perfect for summer. The more I use Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit Seed Oil, the more I love it. It gives me the softest skin I've ever wanted and my skin looks beautiful and glowing (not oily) the next morning. I've also used it on my boobs and they love it too (try if you also experience dry skin on your boobies). 

Last but not the least, eye skin care
I've started to use EL Advanced Night Repair Eye since I was 25 and I can no longer count how many pods I've consumed in the past years. I use it as an eye serum rather than an eye cream, which means I'll put an eye cream on top it. At the moment I use Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Moisturizing Eye Cream and together with EL Advanced Night Repair Eye it provides perfect nourishment and hydration to my eye area. Clinique All About Eyes is an all time favourite of mine to use together with EL Advanced Night Repair Eye. I currently ran out of it and therefore it's now shown in the picture. I am almost 30 now and have no lines around my eye area and I truly believe the eye duo I've been trying works. 

What are your current night time skin care routine? I am looking for a new eye cream to try so please comment below if you have any recommendations. I am thinking of Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream. Good or not worth the hype?

No comments :

Post a Comment