9 February 2014

BALANCE ME CLEANSE AND SMOOTH FACE BALM + MADARA PURIFYING FOAM REVIEW

I bought MADARA Purifying Foam before I had any cleansing balms in my life and when I firmly believed in foams to better cleanse my skin. MADARA Purifying Foam promises to 
"Cleanse deeply yet gently; Remove make-up; Regulate oily area while soothing dry areas"
Having dry and sensitive skin on the cheeks and comparatively oily skin on the T-zone, I was quite excited to try this cleanser as it seemed to tick all the boxes for what my skin needs in the summer. I like the self-foaming plump, which makes it very convenient to use in the shower. Although I am not fond of the scent of this cleanser, it's totally tolerable as it's a rather subtle one anyway. It does not irritate my skin or cause any redness on my cheeks but I would not consider it being very moisturizing. My skin does get the dry feel quickly after I wash my face and I have to reach for more hydrating skin care products whenever I use this cleanser. It's not ideal for me but something I am willing to let it go if it does a good cleansing job on my skin. However, that's the main problem I have with this cleanser. It cannot wash off any waterproof mascaras on my lashes, which means I cannot use it as a night time cleanser and I can only use it in the morning. Being only a morning time cleanser, it's a mediocre product for me as it's not that hydrating on my skin and I do not find it to be the most gentle. Therefore it's not something I will repurchase in the future. However, I did read some good reviews about the product. If you do not wear waterproof mascara and have normal or slightly oily skin type, this cleanser might be your best friend. 

We all know my love story with Monu Cleansing Balm, which without any doubts opened my heart for the cleansing balms. However, I have to admit 35 pounds is a bit of a pain and therefore I started to look for a less expensive cleansing balm that will do a fairly good job as the Monu one. Since there are so many good reviews about the Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm, I decided to give it a go. The cleanser is expected to 
"cleanse away dead skin cells, makeup and even waterproof mascara and leave skin soft, radiant and calmly clean
The tube packaging makes it easier and more hygienic to get the product out compared to the Monu Cleansing Balm. Its scent is a combination of honey and lemongrass, which is refreshing but not overwhelming. When I massage the product on my skin, the exfoliation beads do not dissolve, which is slightly annoying as I find them a bit harsh on my skin. However, they do not cause the redness on my skin so I am not overly concerned. After massaging the balm on my skin for about 30 seconds as per the instruction, I apply warm water on my skin and continue massaging the balm on my skin for a bit.  Rinsing off the balm is not a pleasant experience for me as I find the balm simply too oily to be removed from the skin by water and in the end I just give up. With the Monu Cleansing Balm I do not think the muslin clothes is that critical in the process but with the Balance Me Cleansing Balm it is definitely the step that I cannot miss. I've been using the clothes provided with the Monu Cleansing Balm though, as I do not want to have all the different muslin clothes hanging in my bathroom. After using the muslin clothes to remove all the residue from my face, my skin feels deeply cleansed yet soft to touch. The muslin clothes does work like a magic for the Balance Me Cleansing Balm as I literally can no longer feel any oil residue left on my skin, which was the biggest worry when I first used the cleansing balm. What I really like about this cleansing balm is that I find my skin has gained more balance than before. Recently I woke up every morning with my whole face matte as well as hydrated. I also noticed my T-zone bothers me much less now when I have my make-up on throughout the day. So so far, so good and it's a keeper in my skin care routine. However, please be noted that this cleansing balm is designed for normal to dry/sensitive skin so if you have oily skin it might not be that great for you. If your skin experiences break-out easily, please also be careful when using this cleansing balm as it is a "rich" cleansing balm in the process and has three butters in the ingredients: cocoa, shea and mango. Regardless, my skin has been happy with this cleansing balm and I currently see it as the dupe for my Monu Cleansing Balm. 

Have you tried these two cleansers? What is your current favourite cleanser? 

No comments :

Post a Comment