12 February 2014

IT COSMETICS BROW POWER - THE UNIVERSAL BROW PENCIL

I always thought buying a brow pencil is more or less like buying a foundation. Colour matching is the most tricky part. So when I saw IT Cosmetics Brow Power only got one colour option and was labelled as the universal brow pencil for all brow colours, I thought I had to test it. 
What does IT Cosmetics say about the product: 
"The oval shaped tip creates the most natural looking, well-groomed brow and is perfect for both thin and thick brows. The long-wearing formula is waterproof and smudge-resistant. Brow Power is also paraben-free, non-comedogenic and hypo-allergenic. Our universal, transforming shade adjusts to your brow colour. Apply lighter, softer strokes to match lighter colour hair including blonde and silver. Press harder for darker hair including medium brown to black"
My experience with the product: 
I like the oval shaped tip as I find it easy to work with. Testing the pencil on my hand, it does generate a quite wide colour range, from very light brown when applying gently to dark brown when pressing hard. However, I did not get a black colour from testing the product on my hand regardless how hard I pressed the pencil. The pencil feels soft and buttery when I apply it on my brows and together with the spooley brush it's easy to create a natural look. My natural brow colour is close to black and although the brow pencil colour payoff is more like dark brown on my brows, I am happy with the way it looks (shown in below picture) as my natural hair colour is dark brown. However, if you have very black hair, I think this brow pencil may not be dark enough for you. 
One thing I was also looking forward to testing out is the staying power of this brow pencil. Unfortunately I do not find it to be very long lasting on my brows. After four hours out in the city for a few things, I found the pigment on the outer edges of my brows faded, which was quite disappointing. Although it's summer in Australia, I stayed in the shopping mall most of the time and therefore did not sweat much. Testing on my hand, it's definitely not smudge resistant either. 

Overall I like how the Brow Power works on my brows and the natural look it easily creates. However, I am not impressed by its staying power. For AU$36, I would not say it's a brilliant product and think it's somewhat overpriced. It'll have to be a very impulsive purchase if there's next time. 

Have you tried the Brow Power? Do you like it?

No comments :

Post a Comment