21 February 2014

NATIO EYE CONTOUR TREATMENT GEL

I was looking for a morning eye cream the other day at Myer Center. I picked up the Natio Eye Contour Treatment Gel in the end after trying it on my hand over the counter as I really enjoyed the scent and its cooling effect on the skin. If you do not know about Natio, it's an Australian owned and operated beauty brand and offers plant based beauty range. The brand's skin care range is created using the principles of aromatherapy, which focuses on blends of pure essential oils extracted from aromatic flowers and plants. If you read my previous posts, you'd know I've grown a bit of passion for the natural and organic beauty products so I love the company's beauty philosophy and vision. 

Back to the product. This eye gel is especially made for the morning time and targets on the puffiness and dark circles that we experience often in the morning. The cornflower and chamomile are supposed to soften, soothe and firm the eye area while the cucumber and calendula to cool, moisture and calm the skin. I find it quite gentle on the eye and very pleasant to use. It feels soothing and cooling when I gently pad the product around my eye area and it absorbs quickly enough without annoying me with the sticky touch that gel formula products always do. It seems to work well to calm down the puffiness. Because it's lightweight yet moisturising, it works with concealer rather than against it. It definitely helps prevent the fine lines from showing after a few hours wearing concealer and that's a big plus for me. However, I've seen no sign of diminishing the appearance of the dark circles around my eyes. Having said that, I've never used any eye products that effectively tackle the dark circle issue and I think it's more of a curing "inside" than "outside" problem. 

Overall I am happy with this product and would recommend it as a good morning eye gel or a good base for eye makeup. My test of this product is in the summer so we'll see if I am still satisfied with its moisturising power when I go back to a colder weather. 

Have you tried this eye gel? What's your current morning eye skincare product? 

2 comments :

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award: http://shelbichic.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Sorry for replying late. I am currently moving house and will get this post up as soon as I settle in X

      Delete