18 January 2014

THE ROOIBOS OBSESSION

I've developed a bit of Rooibos obsession recently. I first heard of Rooibos from my brother-in-law. When I asked him what's good to boost the immune system, he showed me his Rooibos tea and a webpage with its health benefits including curing headache, insomnia, allergies, premature aging etc etc (http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/beverage/health-benefits-of-red-rooibos-tea.html).  Then he made me a cup of Rooibos with a bit of honey and I fell in love with it straight away. It has a very unique flavour, which I prefer over the normal black tea. I've been drinking Rooibos three or four cups per day over the past two weeks and I love the fact that it's 100% caffeine free and does not disrupt my sleep. I usually have it with a bit of milk and tiny bit of sugar or honey and it's so delightful that it feels like a treat. 

I was having a browse at David Jones the other day and trying different body lotions on my hand. I wasn't paying attention to what's written on each bottle but all of a sudden I smelled something so familiar and lovely. You can imagine my excitement when I saw "ROOIBOS" on one of the bottles and of course I could not let myself go home without it. This Organic Rooibos Deeply Moisturising Body Lotion is made in South Africa by a company called GREENSCAPE. For some reason, the company website shown on the bottle does not exist and I cannot find much information about the company. Nonetheless it has become my everyday body lotion. It has a non-sticky and non-greasy formula and is absorbed by the skin easily. The scent from it is very true to Rooibos tea, something very special but not overwhelming. It's very light on the skin but it's moisturising enough to keep the skin soft and silky. I have to say I love this body lotion much more than the Body Shop Olive Body Butter that I bought as I find the Body Shop one to be too oily on my skin. Having said that, it's summer here in Australia so maybe I'll love that one for winter time when my skin requires more nourishment.  Last but not the least, it also has a "lovely" price tag. I paid AU$19.95 (500ml) at David Jones and I just checked online and found a AU$14 deal here

Have you tried Rooibos tea or its beauty products yet? Do you like it? 

2 comments :

  1. I've never heard of Rooibos products, but they sound really nice!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always sniff myself for a bit every time after I put the body lotion on!

      Delete