21 January 2014

2014 BEAUTY HAUL #3 AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I've made quite a few online orders recently and truly believe shopping is the best mood booster (until I  receive my credit card bill for this month). Here are my first impressions of what I got from feelunique

I tried it last night and this morning. I love it so much that I have to dedicate a blog post just for this cleansing balm. Stay tuned. 

I like the scent of this product, peachy fruity but not overly sweet. It's a gel like texture with beads in it for exfoliation. I find the texture a bit too running for me but not a major problem. What makes this product a worrying one for me are the beads. They are not rounded and have irregular edges on them which scratch the skin. As a matter of fact, the beads are the roughest ones I've ever used in any exfoliation product so I am a bit scared of using it daily. If you have sensitive skin like me, I do not think it'll be a part of your daily skin care routine. 

BEST lip butter I've ever come across and no, I am not exaggerating.  It's nourishing yet light on the lips. It provides just the perfect amount of colour, which naturally blends with your natural lip tone. The colour does come off a bit when you drink but it does not leave a dramatic kiss on your mug or wine glass and so it's more office or business dinner appropriate if you work in a corporate environment. I also find this product in the end leaving a nice natural rosy tint on your lips, which seems to last forever. I ordered two more shades today so you know I am in love. 

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 16
It's a coral colour on my lips and a satin matte finish. It's long lasting and I noticed it does not transfer much to my tea mug. It's not super drying however it does sink into the dry patches on my lips but a bit of lip balm underneath may solve the problem just fine.

Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquer in 401 Aurora
Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquer was in so many Youtubers' favourite videos and it's probably a bit of a shock that I only just got my hands on it. How can a lip product neither a lipstick nor a lip gloss be more gorgeous than both? Well Rimmel did it. I love how non-sticky and non-greasy it's on the lips while maintaining great pigmentation. I am happy with the colour I got but I definitely will need to stock up on more colours. It's not very long lasting on my lips, far less long lasting than Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick. But I love it equally if not more for it's hiding of the imperfections on my lips.

Have you tried any of the above products? Which one do you want to try the most?

2 comments :

  1. The lipsticks all really suit you! I'd love to hear more about the cleansing balm x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! will do a post about the cleansing balm soon! xx

      Delete