17 January 2014

THE MINIMAL MAKEUP LOOK

Have you ever had days when you wake up and find your skin unhappy? It's not blemish, dry patches or any real skin problems. It's the disappearance of the glow,  the dullness or even the depression (if that makes sense). Yesterday I had one of those days so I decided to give my facial skin a break from the usual makeup chemical dose.

BAREMINERALS Matte SPF15 Foundation: The powder of this foundation is very fine and creamy, which makes it easy to blend into the skin. I absolutely love the matte finish as it saves me from applying setting powder and my face does not look cakey at all. The coverage is flawless yet it feels very light on the skin. It does not dry out my skin or accentuate any dry patches, which is a big plus when using powder foundation. I also like the packaging - it has a twist cap to control how much powder comes out or stop any powder from coming out. I find it extremely helpful to save me from the powder mess situation. The only negative thing I can think of this product is it does not last long especially in the summer time when my T-zone tends to be oily. I'll need touch-up after 3 or 4 hours of applying the foundation. Regardless it's a great mineral power foundation and is what I always reach for when I want to have a light and fresh face day.

EVERYDAY MINERALS Flat Top Brush: I've been using this brush for years and cannot fault it. It's super gentle and soft on the face and catches just enough product for a flawless look.

TARTE smolderEyes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner: I use the shade GUNMETAL. With the creamy formula, this fat eye pencil glides on the eye easily. I use it either as an eyeliner or smudge it for a smokey look.

COVERGIRL Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm: I prefer to have a pop of colour on my lips when I do minimal makeup look. I won't say this Covergirl one is my favourite and I am still looking for one but I do like it because it's moisturizing and does not accentuate the dry patches on my lips. It's a big deal for me as I hardly have any flake free lip days. Although it does not stay on the lips all day, it does stay on my lips for a good 3-4 hours. It's not really a gloss balm as the name suggests if you compare it with the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons. However, I do like the finish as it's between matte and super shine glossy look.

I cannot walk out of the house without fixing my eye brows. But the product is what I bought quite a while ago and it's from Japan so I cannot really figure out which brand it is:). It's not a great great product but it does the job and the colour matches my natural brow colour nearly perfect.

So here is the finish look. What are the products you use for your minimal makeup days?



No comments :

Post a Comment