23 December 2013

THE ANTIPODES DEAL


The problem with xmas gift shopping is I always come back with unplanned gifts for myself. Last Friday when I was looking for a gift for my mother-in-law at Myer Center, I "accidentally" saw the deal sign for Antipodes - 3 for 2, and that's the sign for "time to get the credit card out".

I spent almost an hour there and tried all the facial products I am interested in. Here are my first impressions of the products I tested:

Ananda Antioxidant-Rich Gentle Toner
This toner is on the pricier side (about AU$35/100ml). But it's sold out at the store and if not because of that I would have taken it home with me. First impression - bliss in a bottle.

Apostle Skin-brightening & Tone Correcting Serum
It's the bottle in the middle. I cannot tell yet if it'll do all that it's said on the website but I do like the light weight texture and think it's great for my summer day routine. First impression - summer breeze.

Hosanna H2O Intensive Skin-plumping Serum
It's the bottle on the left. Although it's also a water based and oil free serum, it definitely has the "plump" effect on the skin straight away. On the packaging it also says the product is scientifically shown to stimulate optimal synthesis of type I collagen by up to 72% so that's something to look forward to in the long term. First impression - dry skin day saver.

Divine Face Oil Organic Avocado Oil & Rosehip
I like how it gives that richness feeling to the skin but I do feel it's a bit heavy for summer use in Australia especially if you have oil skin (I have normal to combination skin in summer). I'd imagine this product to work wonders on skin in the cold winter nights so I'll get it when the season is about to change. First impression - potential of a future hero.

Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream
It has Vinanza Grape from award winning Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc grape seeds. Being a Marborough Sauvignon Blanc enthusiast I was a little surprised I did not fall for this product as I had imagined. I am not sure I love the scent and the texture so it's an easy miss on my list that day. I may try again in the future and hopefully there'll be the connection I look for. First impression - just not for me yet.

Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream
It's the jar on the right. The scent has a soothing effect and that's what I want for a night cream. Nourishing on the skin, yet the texture is not overly thick. Oh and there's hope it'll help fight signs of aging. I do not think I can ask for more. First impression - the perfect match.

What's your favourite Antipodes product?

No comments :

Post a Comment